View Single Post
Old 2006-07-22, 20:21   Link #333
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
So which parts of the novel series did the anime cover? I tried looking through the various threads but couldn't find a clear answer.

At first I thought the anime only covered vol. 1, so I printed the fan translation for the prologue and ch. 1 of vol. 2. I quickly noticed that vol. 2 begins where ep 14 in the anime ends, which is of course not chronologically the last event in the anime. A look at these forums revealed that the anime did cover stuff from even later volumes also.

So the big question is: Which parts of the novels did the anime not cover? I'm slightly more interested in what happens after episode 9 than any possible events that should have happened in the anime timeline but were not included in it.

PS. Not begin able to create new threads in the Haruhi section is bloody annoying.
You are asking a difficult question, because only those who are absolutely up to date with the novels could answer this. (I don't think many, if any, of us are up to book 8, are we?)
What little I know...
Spoiler:

... And that's all I know. People who are more knowledgeable will probably start correcting my errors. (I am getting a Taiwanese copy of book 6 today)