View Single Post
Old 2006-08-24, 20:16   Link #10
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756
Suikoden II - just recently got into the Suikoden series, and I want to play them in order. Beat Suikoden earlier in the summer. Tons of variety in terms of characters, but I hate getting stuck with really crappy guys like Freed Y.
Suiko 2 Yeah, you'll probably get a bit more enjoyment out of them playing them in order, especially the first 2. On the other hand, people's opinions vary greatly when it comes to 3 and 4 (personally, I skipped them). 5, on the other hand, must not be skipped under any circumstances. Only game I've ever played, took 50 hours to do so dedicating most of my days to it, then the day after finishing booted it up again and played it through again to get all the stars. Really want to play it again too >_>

Anyway, currently playing a nice mix of games, including Xanadu Next, which is a PC action RPG by Falcom mostly mouse-controlled with some simple but effective music, decent difficulty and fair character customisation. Not the best game ever, but plenty of fun. Also Langrisser II for the megadrive, which is a great strategy RPG that's really old but lasts pretty well in terms of gameplay. No towns or anything, just money you accumulate between battles to spend hiring troops for each of your generals or spending on weapons and armour, and finally Lunar : Silver Star Story Complete for the playstation, which I should've played years ago but finally am. Simple and not altogether fun battles but a reasonable difficulty level, good music and a great script = fun classic RPG.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote