3.Bakemonogatari
4.Working!!
5.Angel Beats!
6.Hidamari Sketch
7.Seikon no Qwaser
8.Shin Koihime Musou
9.Ikki Tousen Xtreme Xecutor
10.GA Art Design Class

Almost every single one is primarily ecchi or moe girls aimed at men in their 20s. Bakemonogatari is sort of an exception, but even it has significant elements of the above.

You have to admit, that's a pretty brutal top 10.
Does anyone not find it interesting that Angel Beats actually had a bigger male cast than female cast, yet it sold very well? I actually don't really consider it to be a moe series at all-it's straight-up comedy/drama and all of the main characters are cute/appealing-not just the girls. Just because the characters are drawn to look appealing doesn't make it a moe series either. When's the last time you saw an anime with really ugly main characters anyway? Creators seldom do that because nobody wants to watch ugly characters do anything-the same reason actors on TV shows/movies are always handsome or beautiful.

Some ignorant person on another forum dared to call Angel Beats "generic boring moe shit" and I went postal on his ass.

Quote:
The crowds (20-40 otaku) that buys bishojo PVC models are the same as the crowd that are buying Gundam plamo and Cowboy Bepop-related PVC model. So to say they are at fault was hypocritical.
Actually that's not true in my case. Even though I'm female, I love to buy the bishoujo figures too-they look cute, so nice and colorful with great outfits and I like to decorate my room with them.
*Kirino impression* :Is that......weird?
I mean, I buy the boy ones too! There just aren't as many of them...of course.... Does Japan really think girls don't like figures of sexy boys or something!? WE DO!!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-11-24 at 23:40.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote