View Single Post
Old 2006-09-29, 22:55   Link #21
myopius

The final action scene was a bit over done with the Miyazaki-like animation. Pretty high-quality kiss at the end there. The Void power didn't impress me too much, though. A while light, and some things on fire... okay. Instead of "This is the power of the void!" that guy should've been saying, "Man, that's way too bright." Fun to see Saito shoot up some dragons however.

I think a great ending would've been if Saito had taken Louise back with him by accident, and turned the tables. Doubtful that would ever happen when it's based on a novel series that probably has much more content than 13 episodes' worth can condense well, however.

All in all, fun series, I'm glad I watched it. The character of Saito was surprisingly refreshing, and I grew to like Louise OK too, along with pretty much everyone. I thought some other characters were going to get more time, like that old guy, but the series worked out well with the small cast it had. Isn't that Nagato-like girl going to return that ring sometime, by the way?

Oh yeah and as people are saying it was goofy how Henrietta suddenly went Everquest on us. (A pleasant kind of goofy, of course.)