View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 02:16   Link #1155
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Assault *rifles* are already banned and highly restricted. "assault weapons" are an undefined murky term used by people when they wave their hands. Sadly, it often translates into "scary looking gun" and the '94 ban often would ban a configuration with no functional difference whatsoever from another model that wasn't as "scary looking".

I posted the text of the '94 AWB text. It is largely a collection of either nonsense or blocks the sale of things that have never been used in any shooting.

I'd be more comfortable if the military tried their hand at writing a bill than the politicians (who apparently have far too much ego to hire someone to explain this to them).
The bill may indeed be nonsense, I can't really comment one way or another on that, but it's not unconstitutional. Classes of Firearms are already restricted or banned. Restricting or banning another one is the same thing. It might be a silly thing to ban, but there's nothing illegal in it, as it's not banning guns as a whole, which from what I can see is the only thing the constitution protects.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote