View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 00:36   Link #29567
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Witch Hunters notice Ange Ushiromiya went missing in 1998. FANFICTION TIME <3
Pretty much that, I would agree.

Though if there's one thing that should be considered when talking about Umineko's universe, it's that even fictions rely on their credibility, probability and possibility or else they can simply be denied.
Remember how Beatrice had to say only one sentence and Eva-Beatrice practically vanished into thin air? I think what that was meant to show us was not that everything in the fantasy-realm is non-existent, but just like AT and me have been saying, that they exist in a dual-system where they depend on each other.

I hope I don't go too theoretical again, but you could actually say it's a triple structure. Reality in which people live highly depends on the interaction between what they are told and what they can observe. That is the Real and the Symbolic, or in Umineko's case "the real world of Prime proposed by us" and "the fictions through which we learn about this world". Through those we create the Imaginary space, that is our proposed truth of Umineko, and we communicate it by using the Symbolic layer from the story.

What I mean by that is, that it doesn't matter if Ange 1998 on Rokkenjima happend or if she simply gave up her fortune while standing on the rooftop, because it doesn't destroy the reality at which we end up. this basically tells us, that both have equal rights to be true and concerning the story they can be considered to be both true...not at the same time, but as long as we arrive at the same "Yukari" it has both equal rights to be considered the truth.

And that is what EP8 keeps on telling us, doesn't it?
Isn't it better to accept the best possible event of what happened in the past over the worst? I'm not saying that I agree on all levels of what the implications of such a worldview would be. But the basic idea of "we shouldn't always think the worst" is not that bad.
It's the same as with the Kinzô catbox. You can condemn him for the sins he's done or you can use the implications made and create a Kinzô who was conflicting but loving.

-----
Oh...and concerning Google Earth: I'd assume they wouldn't simply let you take a stroll around the island via Google Earth. I haven't checked so much private property on Google Earth, but I'd assume they would blur pretty much everything by the reason of privacy.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote