View Single Post
Old 2009-06-21, 10:11   Link #278
TheBigN
Piercing heavens with ~s
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheBigN Send a message via MSN to TheBigN Send a message via Yahoo to TheBigN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
This gets me thinking again though, I always got the impression before the last few minutes of this episode (and still do) that Yui was always perfectly happy to be lazy and frollick around without a care in the world and it seems like this is the first and only time that's it's come up that Yui apparently fretted about not having anything to do while growing up. Where did this idea come from anyway, because the Yui I've seen in the previous episodes is just about the most happy go lucky character you are likely to find in an anime who will strum on her Gitah all day and flop around on the floor asking Ui for Ice Cream.
I know at the beginning Yui was worrying about having to join a club because she felt like she had to do something extracurricular avoid becoming a NEET, or an outcast, or something like that. Granted, it's not worrying like "OMG this is serious" worrying, but it's still Yui wondering about what to do in her own way.

And we do see that she wasn't all to interested in the Keion club until she heard the (then) trio perform and see how much fun they were having. Sure, she remains how she is, but now she at least "belongs" to a group that she enjoys doing things with. And she does remark about how her habits made her more of a burden then she should be at the end.

Drastic My Anime Blog- My anime blog.