View Single Post
Old 2009-08-04, 08:11   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 553 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time of the week again, folks! Credit goes to aohige for translating the summary:

-This week's colorspread is the Straw-Hats in swimsuits. Chapter title is "battle of the highest".

-Whitebeard's tsunamis are frozen by Aokiji, as some have already guessed. The admiral then goes after Whitebeard himself, but the mighty captain does his air-punching stunt from before and shatters the admiral to pieces. The division commanders then step onto the newly frozen water, which they decide to make their battleground. The vice-admirals (including Tsuru and Garp) step up to fight against them......

-Mihawk tries to get the jump on Whitebeard, but Jozu blocks the attack with his body. It seems that he's a diamond DF user. Kizaru attempts to attack Whitebeard as well, but this time Marco is the one to protect his captain. It seems that he has some DF power where blue flames come out of his body. He tells his enemies that they can't have a piece of the king, just yet......

So finally we see the commanders in action! I'm particularly interested in Jozu's ability, because for the longest time I was wondering if there would be a diamond diamond fruit user for Zoro to test his abilities against (funny how his opponent even ended up being Mihawk of all people.....). As for Marco's power, I'm pretty sure that he's not another fire Logia, yet he still had flames come out of his body, anyway. Hmm.... well, his power should be explained after the break's over, methinks.....

Heh, I find it pretty interesting that both Aokiji and Kizaru attacked Whitebeard right away, but not Akainu. Maybe he's decided to be patient and wait for the right opportunity to unleash his wrath on the king of the sea? Perhaps we'll see him shine next chapter (but not before we see the rest of the commanders/VAs/NW captains in action first! ).

And once again, time to wait for pics!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-08-04 at 08:50.