View Single Post
Old 2011-11-28, 15:37   Link #164
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
An invisible sword is just an advantage of weaponry. There's nothing dishonorable about that. She even admired Zero Lancer's battle tactics that fooled her.
It's as you said, it's an advantage of weaponry. It's NOT battle tactics. She is hiding her sword so that people have trouble determining its length. She is cheating. And that goes against every stereotypical knight code that I know.

Would be using a gun or poison be honorable to a knight? I don't think so.

She's obviously practicing double standards when it comes to settling scores, either. She doesn't seem to have a problem interrupting Kiritsugu's duel

Quote:
The idea that honor must be stupid is a weird invention that I really suspect was made to slander what honor represents.
I don't know what you are referring to. but let's say there is a term for that

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LawfulStupid

And I share Kiritsugu's opinion. What if Kayneth used a command seal to force Lancer to kill Kiritsugu

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2011-11-28 at 15:51.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote