View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 12:47   Link #54
Echoes

Favorite hair, huh. That's such a hard question to answer, there's too many great choices out there. It's one of the defining features of the anime aesthetic, from the gravity-defining male spikes to the baroque intricacies of a long-haired female beauty. I love it all.

The short hair can be great depending on the character. Makoto from Idolmaster is a nice example of a girl who looks fantastic sporting that short hair, and no less feminine in my eyes. Someone like Kanon from Umi Monogatari, while having slightly longer hair, is another great example of a stunningly beautiful short-haired character.

Long hair is great because there's so much you can do with it, visually speaking. Unrestrained by practicality, or even the laws of physics, anime often feels free to focus entirely on how pretty or cool something looks. Which is fine by me. I especially like the addition of bows and ribbons, both large and small. Flowers are nice too. That's one sure-fire way to glue my eyes to the screen. Very adorable.

While I can't really pick a favorite per se, I really do adore the simple ponytail. It works for just about any character, and it's an easy way to charm me. I mean, even the name is cute.

Last edited by Echoes; 2012-12-01 at 19:45.
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote