View Single Post
Old 2007-08-03, 00:55   Link #95
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
At this rate, we'll have a show with 'realistic', ballistics mechas that are only deployed in cramped settings and terrain that halts most traditional army units. I can dream can't I?
Nah... If it were realistic, it'd play out something like this:

Two countries go to war over very difficult terrain (think Siachen glacier). One of them has recently made major technological breakthroughs in locomotion and control mechanisms and manage to secretly field large numbers of mecha (and they even have swords!) while their enemies can only field infantry units backed up by a smattering of tracked vehicles. Of course, the infantry are much more effective militarily, so they completely stomp the mecha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Anybody want to take a guess as to how far the Hadron Cannon can fire after seeing episodes 24-25?
It's hard to tell, especially without knowing how big the targets were. But it was probably at least 3-4km.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Oh, no doubt. I've had this argument before with people who actually believe you can survive an attack from a pistol-wielding enemy with a katana by deflecting bullets. O.o
Oh course you can; you'd end up making your enemy laugh too hard to shoot straight - after he puts a couple of bullets in you! By the way, did that genius explain why nobody trains police officers in katanas instead of firearms?