View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 13:33   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
tl;dr My proposed "Fans Retreat" wouldn't divide fans and critics for all shows, but just create a bit more disengagement between both sides for more contentious shows, as this would probably be beneficial to the overall level of decorum on this site. It's something that could improve the overall atmosphere for fans and critics alike, making both feel more free to say what they want to say about the show. As an added bonus, we could post threads for older anime shows.
I'm afraid it does divide them. Your proposition doesn't have the potential effect you are describing: it discards completely the purpose of -discussion thread-, and makes the original thread themselves extremely redundant, from a fan perspective, especially those who "feels the need" for it.

Furthermore, I will really question the need of discussing about a series in a closed ring, as simply put, it is already possible the way it is.
Far too often, people seems to think critics are overbearing, but actually a good deal of the issues between "both sides" is that some fans have the "urge" to defend their favorite series without knowing when to quit (that can be said for some people nearly bashing series as well).
Suffice to say, a lot of these critics do not object people enjoying a series, but explain why they do not. That doesn't mean they have to question fans why they like the show, and thus, they do not go after such praises either.

Conversily, why do you have to pay attention to critics if you are really "that" bothered by them? As skyfall already explained in this previous thread: AS is not a fansite. Anime fans are welcome to discuss about the series they are following, but by no means we promote "plain positive discussions" whatsoever.

Segregating a portion of the fans this way is not only ineffective, but completely non intuitive and inane for sake of discussion.
Those who don't need such "retreat" will have to go all the way to that thread to have other input about those who post over there. It doesn't make any sense that such people would have to follow -2- threads for opinions they initially read in the single same thread.

Also, I'm sorry for the following bluntness but: if you -really- can't deal with critics and negative opinion (provided they are not on the bash category), why aren't you looking for actual sites promoting such type of discussions?
Even social groups can be used for that.

As it stands, the previous and current suggestions are basically going against the very essence of "discussion" we have set here.

*Edit: damn, it is my turn to be ninja'ed