View Single Post
Old 2013-03-07, 19:36   Link #824
Suomi
Kaiba

I like this series a lot, particularly because of the blending and the vibrant but soft coloring. It's raelly beautiful, and the series flows well. Since you're no longer using it ccould I use the ava associated with the sig I'm wearing?
That set is still my favorite though I also love the red and pink ones and the first two freebies.

Small constructive criticisms:
set 1: the girl's face is a bit washed out as is the left top of her hair. Hardly noticeable but there. Otherwise fantastic. The girl is really pretty and reminds me of the black and white Zelda from Super Smash Brothers Brawl/the Zelda from Twilight Princess, except on a more normal level. the colors are gorgeous. My favorite of the series!!
set 2: the brightness of the girl's dress and skin is too much. I've noticed this before with some of your sigs, that the white areas often tend to be quite bright, so it would be good to tone it down a little.
set 3: the white spot (light source?) is reflecting a little much on the girl's hair and is a little bright. The ava colors should also match the sig a little more. Otherwise, very nicely done. I like the composition, design, and character position.
set 4: I'm hard pressed to find fault with this one. The text could be outlined to match the others though.

Freebies 1 and 2, I don't really have much to criticize at all. I would only say the ava colors don't match the sig very well as they should, and the second one, she should be facing the same direction as in the sig.
Freebie 3: too much pink. Especially too much bright pink, and too bright of pink. The left side of her cape blends too much into the background (I didn't even notice it at first) and the pink on and next to her dress is too bright and too much. Also the girl looks very washed out compared to the bright background. I would tone down the background and bring her more into focus, and get rid of the dark spot to her left.
Freebie 4: Love the colors, but they are a little too vibrant, they almost shout at me. Also the background is oversharpened and should be softened. Again I'm going to say the ava colors should match the sig.

Overall great work as usual sempai.

Last edited by Suomi; 2013-03-07 at 19:48.
Suomi is offline   Reply With Quote