View Single Post
Old 2004-01-07, 21:50   Link #41
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
New Topic: This thread has escaped it's creators control. The topic is now discussion of threads that should be closed. We are also bemoaning the loss of the great topics that have existed in the past and discussing why we see few of them these days. Does anyone know why, or can suggest something to revitalize the Naruto forum?
As many will undoubtedly agree, Animesuki forum registers more response every day than many other anime related forums in the net. One of the main reason I believe people are attracted to this forum is that it enforces rules without jeopardizing people's primary interest to visit this forum. This sort of trends are noticeable to any popular long running series where people run out of stuff to talk about pretty soon. We cannot forget about the new arrivals who may have just started watching the series or just have found out about this forum. Most of them will not check the forum to see if their topic of interest are in existence already. End result is we see repetition of topics that has been discussed thousand times. Now, to us who roam this forum often find this repetition irritable but to the new arrivals it just another new topic to talk about. What is irritating to me is when some of these so called mature people start creating this type of thread of belligerence even though they may realize what could be the real problem is.

This was something I posted in a different thread which I believe is relevant to this thread also.

"Expressing thought is not an easy thing. If anyone claims otherwise, I call them the biggest liar in the planet. Language seems to make things even more complicated to have the desired effect upon people when one tries to express their true feelings. Even if we speak the same language, you still may not cross your meaning to the others without loosing some people."

This is a public forum. Everything that is ‘said’ will be read by many people undoubtedly. So why do we continue to see these “pointless” threads (including this one before the creator lost control over it, as NoSanninWa aptly put)? This question needs to be answered before the solutions to prevent “pointless” threads are found. The most obvious answer I can think off is many authors of these so called “pointless threads” don’t even realize this is a public forum. Whatever is ‘said’ in here will be scrutinized by many. Lack of realization is the main problem. Enforcing rules more severly is not going to change a thing other than the fact that there will be a lot of closed threads. The mature ones could lead the way by participating/posting here without creating mindless self indulging threads which is insulting not only to those who creates "pointless threads" but to everyone who visits this particular section of the forum.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote