View Single Post
Old 2008-10-07, 02:36   Link #768
Tenkaichi
Resign to your Fate...

Send a message via AIM to Tenkaichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
What are you talking about? Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and the anime of Code Geass has just started to be released back in August. They keep releasing those anime games despite poor sales. I remember they even released a Eureka 7 game. There was a Wii boxing game that was based on a manga I had never even heard of.

I think it's unlikely that they will release the mini game Code Geass R2 or the dating sim Lost Colors to the US shores, but there is no reason not to release the RPG version of season one.

Most of the production is already done. They just need to translate and do voice acting.

The Phoenix Wright series is more obscure at first then Code Geass is and it's pretty popular in the US.
My thought it that they are waiting till more of the DVDs are out. Releasing the game would spoil the entire season's story.
My thoughts on whoever releasing the game stateside is pretty slim. All the anime/manga you stated with the exception of Eureka 7 are still ridiculously long, ongoing series and can be milked HARD for their money. Two of them are easily based off of fighting games (and crappy RPGs) and the characters within the series keep "getting upgraded." To me it's almost like sports games and their way of selling new ones - change the play system a little, update the rosters and BAM, new game 2008 or whatever you want to call it.

Spoiler for Rant space about video games and anime:

CG may be licensed and the DVDs are getting released, but it's bigger in Japan and not well known here. Unless someone high up in the chain thinks that the game is going to do well... I think we're SOL for a legit release. I'd pray real hard for some good souls like ATLUS to pick it up, but again... slim. It would be great for them to release the RPG because I've heard a lot of really good things about it, but I wonder if they'd really bother.

Courtesy of Ultima_Rasengan05
Tenkaichi is offline   Reply With Quote