View Single Post
Old 2017-07-19, 04:22   Link #2485
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, I checked out the first season of KR Amazons BD episodes on a whim and, oh boy.......that was boringly underwhelming.

The overall execution is just tepid. There are too many padding aka. moments where so little happen in terms of story progression + characters standing or sitting around in contemplation. Some silent moment or long-panning shots are okay to build mood, but what Amazons did is padding which leads to time-wasting (even the dialogues are plagued with some dead space with zero impact). The fights are goddamn lame. The gore that was present in the old Amazon series is not really here. The story is uninspired and they take things too seriously with no glimpse of self awareness (unlike The First & The Next) and any attempt for humor just fell flat. What the hell happened to this series? Was this made with a very limited budget or something? The suits and some of the performances are pretty much the only good things I can recall in this first season. This is like watching an inferior version of Shin Kamen Rider or 555.

Someone please tell me that the Second Season is a lot better than this......