View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 13:51   Link #74
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Kyuubey called out to madoka in her dreams the night before, and then knew her by names later on.

He knew her before then, and planned to make her into a MG from the start.
And how do we know Homura wasn't hunting down Kyube during those times, too? So his dream was another call for help. I'm eagerly waiting for the counter to this, because it will mean someone taking my position, heh.

We could also say that the dream was Madoka's alone, and that Kyube had nothing to do with it. She already has great magical potential, so perhaps some of that seeped out and made her have a sort of pre-cog dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So the issue is if an act of stupidity is due to a character simply being consistently written as stupid, or is it due to the plot forcing him or her to be unusually stupid?
What you say has some truth, so perhaps I should clarify.

When something is blatantly obvious, and the characters don't ask about it or notice it, then I call it stupidity. You yourself were questioning Homura for this very thing, which is all I was trying to say. The obvious issue of Mami's possible revival is another one. It has to come up with enough thought, and so the audience expects to see it addressed; there's a big hole there otherwise.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote