View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 17:26   Link #52
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I wasn't arguing.
Hiding behind semantics. Well, it doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
Kazu-kun is right at a pragmatic level. Their arrogance has done them in. All of this was due to underestimation.
In the underestimation sense I agree. What I was disagreeing with is the idea of "losing humanity" being their downfall.

If anything, it's the height of arrogance to think that "humanity" is necessarily superior or more suited to survival. As you say, it was overestimating themselves and severely underestimating the queerats that did them in.

Quote:
Tomiko didn't do this because she thought it was a "good deed". It was a pragmatic decision from her perspective. She wanted some non-sheepified people to help lead the place (and she hoped that Saki would eventually take over Tomiko herself). And there's nothing wrong with that reasoning whatsoever.
True. It was also quite a trail of incompetence that let Mamoru escape the cats. Still, I'm not sure how "sheepified" the rest of the people were. They still had many demonstrated variety of opinions and directions of thought. Even in Group 1, only Saki was significantly different in attitude towards the queerats and that seems to be more accident than anything.

For that matter, if Group 1 hadn't encountered the False Minoshiro, would they have even ended up much different? The show hasn't managed to explain that well.