View Single Post
Old 2012-12-29, 11:23   Link #527
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Thing is, coalitions working together to rep themselves are wasting their own time anyway. So why bother stopping them trying to get pips?
because their circlejerking ruins the debating climate for everyone else and such behavior shouldn't be encouraged

Quote:
Also, most communication between such coalitions is on the boards anyway, so it's possible to use a bot to sniff out such bad behaviour and issue warnings.
you write such a bot then
(have fun with that, it's vastly more complicated than you seem to think)

Quote:
The rep system could be fixed by adding some kind of decay, so that farming it was difficult.
except that would hit less active posters harder and "rep farmers" less
also, you go implement that if you want it

Quote:
You could prevent the passive aggressive reps more easily by allowing you to flag rep messages the way you can flag posts, so that moderators can take swift action.
this was possible with the old system already
(I should know; I've been infracted for rep trolling)

Quote:
I feel like getting rid of rep completely is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I felt more connected with the forum due to getting positive reps, as it showed to me in concrete ways that people enjoyed reading my posts. Without that kind of positive feedback I don't feel like I'll be quite as motivated to go to the same amount of effort.
don't let the door hit you on your way out, brah
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read