View Single Post
Old 2012-12-30, 05:20   Link #538
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Then again, if someone is being a dick, I doubt they'd care anyways, so hit report or make their post looks silly.
My point exactly. Why waste more energy than needed when many simply won't even care than much. Reputation however will end up piling up. They themselves won't care but the rest will at least be mindful of concentrated negative reputation. It can also eventually work as negative reinforcement, a thing a PM won't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
You'll have to learn to create a decent argument while subtly insulting them slightly below the threshold for moderation but just enough to trigger them to rage post at you and get mod'd. I know it takes effort, but hey, nobody said life was easy.
And again, why should I waste any more energy on a lost cause? I don't care about provoking people to get themselves banned, unless you're talking about heated shipping arguments, which was one of the points of the game anyway. Negrep provided an easy and efficient way to make your point and get on with it. I don't care that rep in general is gone but it wasn't all that bad and useless as people try to make it look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So, you saw the rep bar first, then the post?
Obviously. A rep bar is pretty easy to spot, a wall of text takes time to read, so perception works in favor of spotting the rep bar first.