View Single Post
Old 2012-12-30, 10:13   Link #540
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
There's a reason why the popular notion of dealing with trolls is to ignore them. It's not farfetched to say that some people seek attention and are inviting this to happen. If anything, I'd argue that negging them just encourages that kind of behavior.

And while it's true that we could be mindful of their reputation, that crappy posts generally speak for themselves.
True, but once you get 1 or more red dots, I doubt people will even consider reading your posts, so the end result is the same, they ignore you. I generally did that. Yes, it's basically ad hominem, but if you actually managed to get that much of a bad rep, chances of actually saying something useful for a change are slim at best, and MY time is too precious to waste searching for that one moment of brilliance in an otherwise uncivilized... entity. YOUR time, however, is your own, as well as your priorities, so I won't tell you how to use it or even offer any advice on that matter.

Quote:
Why should you spend any energy on a lost cause to begin with? Justice? Honor? Spite? There is no legitimate reason that isn't petty and adds fire to the fuel.

What you call easy and efficient, I call lazy. And I did use it when I felt too lazy to come up with anything thoughtful. It was used when one just didn't want to waste energy and that's why I said these kind of things are petty and worthless anyways. It can be fun, but that's about it. I mean I don't think the mods would take me seriously if I'm like "Don't take away my ability to easily insult lots of people anonymously,because I don't want to put the effort into posting, despite that being the very point of a forum"
It is never fun neg-repping people, for my part. It's only easy and efficient. I hardly see the fun in it, that's why I don't really care that it's gone. For the rest, the first point still applies. You can call it lazy. I, however, see no need OR point to waste my time arguing about the basic qualities of a post that only takes up valuable space and its mere sight shortens my life expectancy, when I could be talking with people like Vexx instead, for example.