Thread: Licensed Break Blade
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-11, 22:22   Link #1
Falkor

Break Blade

Manga by YOSHINAGA Yunosuke, with 3 volumes (?) so far released and scanlations up to chapter 5.
I'm pretty sure nobody has already created this thread as of yet, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manga Abyss
Which to choose, the country or my friend--!? The "Continent of Cruzon", a world where people are born with magic. Lygatto, one of the rare people "without magic" in this world, is getting swallowed up in the whirlpool of a massive war. With Lygatto as the core, four close friends are connected by cruel fate in a spectacular war tale!!!

In the continent of Cruzon, an impending war between the Kingdom of Krishna and the nation of Athens is brimming. The people of this land are able to wield the crystals from the ground for whatever purpose they desire. Yet one person, Lygatto Arrow, is not. He is an "un-sorcerer", a person unable to wield the crystals. But this characteristic will enable him to pilot an ancient mecha, one strong enough to put up a fight against the invading army of Athens.
A few comments:

This is one of the very few mecha titles out there not named Gundam or Code Geass, I mean, there are very few manga titles that are mecha--strictly speaking--and Break Blade happens to be one of them. Well, to be sincere, I’m not very fond of anything mecha related, but for some strange reason, I’m really enjoying this manga--and that’s why I’m creating this thread…

The art is very clean, even if it’s not animated--and even if the manga format may not quite suit the action; the settings strongly reminded me of Escaflowne--I’m probably stretching the comparison a bit too far, but it’s just that feeling; the characters and the premise are perhaps the strongest aspects of this manga, with a protagonist who "has no powers," an impending war, and a "blurred division" between enemies and allies.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote