View Single Post
Old 2010-09-28, 09:29   Link #99
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The main reason I started to like her is her adorable friendship with Mikan (my favorite character). Plus, she's insanely cute, has cool powers and I like her violent reactions to "ecchi things" (mainly because I enjoy seeing that **** Rito getting punched). Oh and yeah, she's an Eve clone.
Agreed. Speaking as a diehard Black Cat fan, Yami is the ONLY reason I find this series to be worth reading. Pretty much the entire original series consisted of "See girls get naked. See Rito freak out. See Rito get smacked for being a pervert." Rinse and repeat, over and over and over. Yeah, you had some variation and a lot of weird circumstances to mix things up a little, but at the end of the day, that was pretty much it. When Yami got involved, however, more often than not there was going to be a fight scene somewhere in the near future, which was an excellent break from the endless fanservice. The fact that she's far and away both the most badass and the cutest character in the series (Kiss my ass, Mikan!) just cements her status as the most enjoyable character in the series, and promoting her to main character status is just about the best thing Yabuki could do to this series.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2010-09-28 at 09:42.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote