View Single Post
Old 2010-02-20, 04:26   Link #1345
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I was interested in Japanese culture, arts and crafts, etc long before I got interested in anime.

Swords.... they aren't as mystical as myth would have it - but they are exquisitely evolved for the types of warfare they function in.

Kimono/yukata -- actually there are yukata for men (I have one). Worn around the house and at festivals. The hapi coats and hakata are usually less challenging for guys though

Architecture/furniture -- we're slowly slowly evolving our house along aesthetic lines and furniture. A bit easier to get stuff since we're on the west coast of the US.

My wife has inherited quite a bit of Japanese ceramic and wares (as well as some kimono and various art) - so that's a big jumpstart.

Our basic problem though is that we're both clutterbugs - *cleaning* and *organizing* is an exercise for Sisyphus
actually those "swords" are not swords, at least it's not called that way. Its official name is katana. I love Japanese culture and many of its core values. Katana is deeply involved in it and I want one so much I want it more than I want my next breath, but I am poor and good katanas cost quite a lot. I guess I have to wait till I get a job......

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote