View Single Post
Old 2015-11-29, 06:27   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, this is a good heartwarming set-up episode like expected. More character exploration and even a little bit of technical explanation of what Kudelia will propose to the Arbrau representative on Earth. You know, instead of TITANS or A-Laws, I feel the relationship between Gjallarhorn and 4-Block is more like the relationship between OZ and the Alliance from Gundam Wing so far. Who knows, the Seven(?) Star families might be something akin to the Romefeller Foundation in Gundam Wing. But the unique thing here is that the protagonists allied themselves with a space-mafia in preparation for the upcoming war that will most likely happen once Kudelia ask for more rights for Mars to be economically more independent. All in all, it’s a pretty solid story-telling so far that doesn’t rely on battles episode after episode. When a mecha series’ non-battle episodes can be as engaging as the battle episodes, that is a sign of a good work.

Some afterthoughts:
  • The show implied that Eugene & Norba lost their virginity in a brothel. Well, I can’t really congratulate them coz that’s a lousy way to lose your virginity, but what can I say. Considering their situation, they’re lucky enough to be able to spent their virginity at all. So...I hope they had fun (which they did, from their expression alone). I’d say Kira’s “first time” is more torturous compared to theirs. For Norba, it seems a certain young mechanic-boy is disappointed (if not mad) with that fact. After giving us an actual harem and actual protagonists using prostitutes to lose their virginity, will this show give a genuine gay-romance? Hmm....I guess we’ll see. Btw, don’t tell me that the mechanic boy is secretly a girl. It can’t be true right? Right?
  • Looks like Orga got himself a female fan (maybe?). And he get to express his true feelings to Mika, Aki & Biscuit. That’ll certainly strengthen their bond.
  • Isaribi & Hammerhead are now allied ship that travel together! Woohoo!! But will these two enough? Or will we get another additional ship to make a Three-Ship Alliance ala Gundam SEED? We’ll see.
  • It’s a battle episode next week! Can’t wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
I don't see having the harem the size of a large space ship crew to be "living the dream". Harems like that are better as fantasies where one can ignore all the problems involved with reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I agree. I mean, even if it sounds great for the guy, the women get what? A twentieth of a husband each? And if it isn't good for them, it can't be good for the man, either, if he's a decent person, which he seems to be.
I think Amida already put this concern to rest this episode by strongly implying that she and the other wives are satisfied to the core with their current status and "arrangement" when talking to Atra .