Thread: Kanon - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-14, 00:23   Link #77
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codine View Post
I'm hesitant to watch this anime. Some people say its good, other say its absolutely horrible. I decided to watch part of the first episode and noticed that everybody was drawn like they were retarded. Sorry if that pisses any of you off but the main character looks like a retard. Yea I know I've never seen the anime so I cant badmouth it or anything but I sure can say the character's look like little kids.

And finally I didn't come here to badmouth Kannon I would just like to know if the storyline is as good as some people say that it's worth watching. So please give me your honest opinions, call me an idiot if you would like but i would like to hear what people have to say about this anime.
That would kind of depend on what you like to watch in your anime.

Here's my 2-sentence description of Kanon(2006) on AnimeYume,
Quote:
A second anime adaptation of popular Key-game Kanon, the series follows Yuuichi's trials and tribulations when he returns to the town he left seven years ago. In there, he will slowly revisit the past that once haunted him and learn the painful truths of the present times.
Kanon is a lot like a mystery anime, the first 5-6 episodes set the groundwork for the tragedies that will occur later on. As the audience, part of the 'fun' is in trying to decipher the clues given out to you in the earlier episodes. Ep01 alone had a lot of foreshadowing, which will prove enlightening after the whole series is done.

Have you watched Air(TV) before? The storylines are different, but they do share some concepts/themes. If you have liked Air(TV), then it is more than likely that you will like Kanon(2006).

As for why Ayu looks like a little kid, that is actually part of the mystery.

Cheers.