View Single Post
Old 2011-08-28, 03:56   Link #23931
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I don't really see anything productive arising from sniping back and forth about the lion's share of points here (I have to agree with you here that large parts of it are pretty much subjective), but there was one thing I wanted to touch on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Not necessarily. Rokkenjima Prime has a consistent post and pre-event history, but the event itself is largely unknown. Whatever it was, it could be one of various possible worlds that may exist in alternate worlds no problem. The issue in this model wouldn't be "which of these is true" so much as "which of these happened in my timeline". See: Back to the Future.
The thing is, were this true, we would have to concede that every world which does not square with the reality of the output in R-Prime is impossible, or that the future of R-Prime is variable. The former is a problem because it doesn't make sense ("It's okay for Eva to die, but not okay for Kawabata's boat to break down so nobody can go to the island"), the latter is a problem because Ryukishi seems to want very much for us to believe that R-Prime isn't changing, just being more and more unveiled.

So I'm not sure where this doesn't leave the theory an unnecessary jumbled mess relative to other spins on it. Unless you meant something else, in which case I'm not clear on what you're trying to say.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote