View Single Post
Old 2011-08-26, 01:27   Link #8377
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I honestly shake my head in bewilderment how many people seem to expect Nagi to succeed here. I'd have thought that the way Hata narrated the last two chapters would have been crystal clear: Luca is working on improving her manga, and it's near-certain that she'll sell out. Nagi has done NOTHING about her manga. NOTHING AT ALL. She may be a capable online marketer (even though I doubt her number breakdown), but she has always been a lousy mangaka, and she has made no progress there whatsoever.

The way things are going she'll probably achieve only two things:

1) Her marketing efforts will call alot of attention to her manga, which will have a lousy reception.
2) I strongly doubt that she'll be able to sell enough to get even close to breaking even.

What more could Hata possibly write or do to underscore that Nagi is doing anything BUT working on the manga?
I think it'd be boring if she completely bombed. Just one more iteration of "Nagi's a terrible mangaka". An ambiguous outcome where there is contrast with Luca being proud of her work and selling it all to satisfied customers vs Nagi selling her manga but it being treated as trash that came with the important item (Maria's photobook) would be more interesting .
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote