View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 22:46   Link #2135
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Nope, sorry, but I hate harems...must be because I got so sick of working through so many series with harem aspects that I worked on Unicorn, and even that has a love triangle of sorts...
Banagher-Unicorn-Audrey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
*takes the idea that SAO should be a harem story, put it out in the backyard, empty two full clips of .556 into it, and then set a satchel of C4 on the remain and blows it up*
I think you mean 5.56mm; there's no existing rifle chambered for .556 caliber. There is, however, Ma Deuce, the M2 .50 BMG heavy machine gun...

*gives to kyp275, marks location with smoke & calls in the A-10s*

Realistically though, there's a reason why most relationships are two persons, and you don't see many polygamous or polyamorous relationships IRL.

Having said that, to be honest, I can't really see any other girl except Asuna standing next to Kirito, simply because both of them are equals. Also, for god's sake, the official couple got established in Vol 1 - I want more developments like this! No more wishy washy like Infinite Stratos or Zero no Tsukaima!

Look, those who say couples are boring have obviously not seen it executed well. Take, for example, Castle - throughout the last four seasons, part of what drives the show has been the relationship with Richard Castle and Kate Beckett, and Caskett shippers realise that part of the best thing of that show is not the mysteries or the murders, but the building relationship - so much that when the UST was finally resolved, there was a sense of fulfilment, as we saw the relationship grow over the last four years.

Or Burn Notice - a major subplot of the 5th & 6th season is the relationship between Michael Westen and Fiona Glenanne, and how they love each other so much, Michael will betray the US for Fiona, and Fiona is willing to go to jail for a bombing she didn't do to keep Michael alive.

Pairings are not boring.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote