View Single Post
Old 2006-08-24, 20:30   Link #12
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I'd suggest you spend a bit more time on it. Once you get the hang of the battle system, it's one of, if not the best of any rpg series out there. Though the plot, it does get better, but still I suppose you'd have to be a fan of the series. It never reaches great.
Hm, didn't see that bit. Definitely agree with this though, although I remember picking up the battle system quite quickly. If you play with it a bit more and still don't like it then you may as well give up, as the plot never becomes anything fantastic and as for the ending... well, I've heard of it being referred to as 'the biggest change since the menopause' and I'm inclined to agree. Probably my second favourite battle system in any game second to Grandia 3 though, plenty of things you can do (like knocking enemies into the air, backflipping a few times then slashing them on the way down... that never got old) and the 3D battlefield makes it a lot more interesting than the comparatively limited battle systems of the Tales series. Loved the music too, but the voice acting really isn't very good though, so turn that off sharpish. Still haven't got round to playing any of the other games in the series myself
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote