View Single Post
Old 2011-03-07, 23:35   Link #128
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Ishigami is hateful only in how nonsensical and contrived his character is.

"Yeah, I'm going to go from being an irrelevant background character in one episode to a criminal mastermind with a world domination scheme and machinations that control the direction of the HiME Festival story arc. Ignore the fact that I showed no mastermind tendencies whatsoever until the writer thought it would be cool for my character to forcibly create drama."

HiME Nagi is hateful only in the sense that... his character makes no sense and the story rolls with the ill-conceived notion that he holds some sort of psychological dominance over the girls. Imagine that.

"Yeah, Natsuki just revealed that I've been lying to all of you since the start of the series to get you to do what I wanted. You are all now conscious of the fact that I'm actively screwing with you and you have no reason to believe my empty 'You must fight or the HiME Star will do something vaguely bad to you' threat, but you're all going to act like morons now and continue to assume I'm giving you honest information because this 'inescapable tragedy' storyline would be completely averted if you didn't."

Otome Nagi is genuinely creepy and knows how push people's buttons, though.

It's no wonder Tree of Fate (better-written interpretation of the Festival arc) skips over Ishigami and handles Nagi with completely different pacing, and EXA (MUCH better-written interpretation of the Festival arc) excludes both characters entirely and substitutes them with the HiME creating natural tension against each other.
Awww he was an First District lackey man he earned as being a dark horse but Sunrise never knew about their character potential and interaction that time.

I would agree Nagi was a better villain but what about Mashiro or John Smith yes Mashiro possibly anti-villain. Pretty skeptical about Mashiro life.

EXA was rushed with pacing plus Sunrise didn't go with it at all that's my two cents.

From my earlier posts said I prefer original HiME despite BS ending and plot mismanagement. Only Sunrise could've continued over HiMEverse instead Otome.

Saying that a couple of times