View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 20:34   Link #17
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, except I will admit that Haruka came across to me as a bit of a pandering character earlier on, when she didn't seem to serve any purpose in the story other than being a "hot MILF".
I was a bit bothered by the blatant fanservice that surrounded her, but figured that her true significance was something that would be coming up in the future - particularly since it seemed as if some of the characters within GHQ knew her. As a result, I wasn't too bothered by how she came across at first.

Quote:
Spoiler for Major Shu spoilers from 2nd half of anime:
I was doing a pretty good job of pacing myself with this series, watching no more than one episode a day (and usually it was more like 2-3 per week), but when I hit this arc I watched it all in one sitting. I just couldn't put it down

It may be that I watched it in a relatively short period of time and didn't have too much time to analyze it, but I felt that it was sufficiently done. Going into it a bit...
Spoiler for Motivations:

As for what happened after...
Spoiler for Betrayal:

While we're talking about characters, I'd like to bring up Kuhouin Arisa, who had some development that was painful to me:
Spoiler for Arisa's development: