View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 17:28   Link #82
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah but the textbook Gundam thing to do now would be to have Obright die and ruin Remy for life so that she comes back in the next arc all angry and bitter. Of course this doesn't always happen with Gundam series and sometimes the couple does get to live happily, but not often.
Well yeah, but like in the first generation with Adams, Largan and Ract all had some pretty big death flags/ death seekers in Racts case, but had all made it out fine to live for another 20 years at least. I suspect that AGE wouldn't go as far as have a massive purge of all the cast, it's just not the shows style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
As for power levels in Gundam, you'd be surprised just how much some fans care about this sort of thing. For some I know firsthand it's pretty much the be all end all deciding factor on whether a Gundam series is good or not.
Huh. Well then I guess I have to ask if they think that the majority of the output of the franchise must suck since the idea of someone beating Newtype isn't exactly all that common.

Not that I think that such a thing matters in a show where the main character pilots a state of the art prototype MS, so I'm left to wonder if it is really that mcuh of a deal breaker to start of with.