View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 11:34   Link #675
Somnus
Eh?

So I just saw eps 6 & 7 for the first time (well, ep 7's final 5 mins were repeated an indeterminate number of times), and aside from the usual "This show is pure joy" I have a couple comments.

For 6 I felt the end drama was a little too much, but the fact Kaoru acknowledged it by saying, "I know acted like a little kid" softened what could have been a very similar reaction to his reaction. Though my BIGGEST comment for that episode is the following:

I was dying for the rest of the "My favourite things" duet. Thought I was a fantastic reference when they heard it through the window, but became infinitely greedy for more when they started playing it together.

For episode 7, my first comment would be that I like Yurika to no end. No faulting Sentaro for falling for her. However, my major comment would be this:

If this episode has convinced me of anything, it's that I could easily watch an entire episode of them playing, just as they did that incredible medley. I also shuddered at the nostalgia I felt when Ri'ko described the music (the princes arguing). It instantly brought me back to Nodame, and everything I loved about it.