View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 14:45   Link #1940
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Another latest addition: Angel Beats

Maybe I'm too early to say this but I just don't see what makes it great as most people said. I think most people who loved it were fooled by its "rebellion against God and His angels" theme.
Angel Beats was... decent at best. It had some pretty emotional moments, the music and animation was nice, and some of the concepts in it were pretty interesting but... it was just way, way too short to actually realize most of the potential it had. There were far too many characters that I couldn't care less about because the show never bothered developing them in the slightest, and even for the characters that did get developed, several of them had their character-arcs resolved far too quickly, and then there was the issue of the plot changing focus roughly every other episode... While I don't hate it, I will admit that I find it kind of annoying how so many people talk about it as if it were the greatest animated masterpiece of the last decade or something. It's not. Actually I'd say that even compared just to Key's other works, it's pretty weak.