View Single Post
Old 2010-09-27, 03:41   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
It's very saddening about Andy, but I really hope they won't end the series there.
With Andy gone there is going to be a Six part Prequel . It going to start airing in January 2011 and is going to be called Gods of the Arena . I hope they dont close shop after prequel . They could replace Andy ... stressing on could ..

Source
Quote:
Dubbed the "Gods of the Arena", Dustin Clare ("Underbelly") will play the lead role of Gannicus, the champion gladiator in the House of Batiatus before Spartacus came along. Andy Whitfield will make a brief appearance in the prequel. Jaime Murray ("Dexter) will play a Capua social climber and Marisa Ramirez ("General Hospital") is playing a slave girl.

In the prequel, Batiatus (Hannah) is not yet the head of his family or of the gladiator training school. Gannicus is the lead gladiator in the Ludus, but the House of Batiatus hasn't earned social respect or the right for its gladiators to fight in championship bouts. Gannicus struggles to turn around the House's luck.

Quote:
I don't personally mind all the sex, in fact, the show would lose a lot of appeal for me if it weren't so. The Romans just loved orgies and sex and this is all what there is to it.
Well there is always Caligula