Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-17, 13:02   Link #719
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
So, while Arata's honesty and refusal-to-run-away is honorable and admirable, I think Shinobu rather expressed the author's own opinion, when she tells Arata to stop being so "cool" and to bow his head already and pretend submission and humility in order to be able to play the next day. Arata's real responsibility is to karuta. That justifies everything. Arata's deception, Suoh's bad-boy behavior--it's all for the sake of karuta.

It's amusing: Taichi is trying to become Arata, a person who doesn't run away, but Arata has to learn to stop being so cool, and run away when it's for the sake of karuta.
What Arata did has nothing with being "cool". He did what he believed was right. He didn't follow the rules therefore he must face the consequences. He wanted to take responsibility for his actions. He was doing the right thing, not trying to be "cool." Some people do things because it's right you know, not because they were trying to be "cool".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Like I said before Taichi has actually never tried to keep Chihaya away from Arata. It's also not like Taichi didn't realize Arata was going to be at Omi Jingu, the only difference is he thought Arata would not show up till the individual match and he did not mentally prepare himself for him showing up now. There is no way that Taichi thought I can keep Chihaya from seeing Arata on this trip. That is not why he is reacting like this.
You probably remember how Taichi often reacted when Chihaya had her Arata moments. If Chihaya met Arata, Taichi's head would be full of this angst-filled feeling of "she loves him, she doesn't love me..." and you would see that blueish/purplish tint on his face and obviously that would affect his play. But he was in denial of this feeling on his part and projected it on Chihaya, yelling at her so she wouldn't meet Arata so he wouldn't witness him and her so he wouldn't be having distractions about Arata/Chihaya during his play. He was so in denial that he would be saying to himself "oh we didn't need this Arata/Queen distraction..." and not even realizing that the fear was his own.

It's jealousy because the core of his outburst was from his complex on Arata/Chihaya relationship that has been whirling in his head since twenty some episodes ago (or maybe more. I haven't been watching.) You know that feeling when you see somebody you like so happy with someone else....
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote