View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 21:11   Link #4008
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Finished the Gaku-Ou series that include both the PC games and the PSP ver. The game itself was quite enjoyable from beginning to end with a light-hearted and fun story paired with equally fun and rather unique characters, between themselves at least.

The common route was the best part of the game for me mainly because how it brought together all the characters as they struggle to clear all the trials the Eleven Masters put them through. Yep, I surely love those friendship, hard work and hot-blooded themes.

Proper routes focused mostly on romance and comedy with a bit of drama to spice things up a bit. The quality of the routes varies quite a bit with Hinayu's being the weakest; it felt disjointed and it never resolved (or explained) a rather important (or so it seemed) part of the it's plot. Uduki's and Annemarie's route were pretty nice overall, but since their focus were their respective heroine so the main plot of the game was completely forgotten which bring us to Akari's route which was easily the best; her route is directly linked to the main plot so it resolves it entirely. It also inherits those themes that made the common route so enjoyable, adding romance and ichaicha to the mix. It may be a bit biased since Akari is no doubt my fav. heroine, she's just too lovely.

The fandisc had short stories for all the girls and extra events you can unlock by changing the date of your clock to the heroines's birthday or christmas eve. As for the PSP ver. besides the route for the protagonist's little sister Sorano, it doesn't add much new material for the four original heroines which was a bit disappointing. Sorano's route was pretty good as it developed on her's and the main character's background as the princess and prince of their home planet.

So, after all that I'll say check it out if you are interested.

Last edited by johnishida; 2013-05-14 at 23:13.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote