View Single Post
Old 2008-10-25, 19:02   Link #10312
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, I know in chapter one Nanoha is riding a motorcycle with one of her friends holding on to her for dear life, though there are plenty of cases in anime/manga where characters that are fifteen or older somehow own motorcycles, so I don't think that qualifies a major shift in her age for her to own and operate one. However, I know the epilogue opens up with the introduction into StrikerS, which is why I want to stick as close to canon as I can while still keeping it AU.

That made no sense, right?

I guess my idea here is not so much that the story is a drastic change for Nanoha as a character and her fate, but more of a different series of events that happened to her between A's and StrikerS after her injury. That was my thought process while I was mapping out the basics of the plot, and it's something that I really want to stay true to.

So, in a nutshell, that's why I originally wanted her to be fifteen.

(I realize there's still the plothole of who saved Subaru while Nanoha was off shooting a gun, but I digress.)
Multiple plotholes, actually--since Subaru's entire character is based off the concept of how she's trying to be like her hero Nanoha (including how she ends up in disaster-relief work to save people just like she was saved). In addition, the downpowered Nanoha wouldn't be an air-combat instructor, and she probably wouldn't assume the role of captain of the Stars team in RF6...though that's debatable depending on whether her combat ability is so impaired by the power limit that she can't make it up with competence (this Nanoha's relationship with Tia, on the other hand, suddenly opens up entirely new doors of interest; if a Nanoha with barely any magical capacity can function as an effective Center and team leader it certainly opens up new ground in dealing with Tia's inferiority complex). None of this, though, has any relevance to your story unless you want to lay any groundwork for StrikerS in it.

That being said, if you want her to be fifteen, then make her be fifteen. Tell the story you want to tell. That's pretty much what everyone, including me, has been saying.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote