View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 13:10   Link #44
Kunagisa

I don't like to consider this too one dimensional-ly; rather than seeing it as Kanba choosing parents over Himari, I feel that he just doesn't want to give up either his parents or Himari. I don't think you can belittle his sacrifice just because he didn't sell his parents out; he obviously value all his family members both above his own.

While I personally cheer for a Kanba x Himari end, I also fell in love with these siblings because of their deep family love. This episode reinforces that theme. The previous episode would've felt incredibly a lot less endearing if Kanba just sold out his parents on the spot. On the surface that might seem romantic, but Kanba would just be another siscon to me. A person who's blind to passion can be seen anywhere, I would like to think Kanba is above that. Love isn't always measured by a person to ignore all reasoning and betray others. That's a theme too highly overrated and idealized (obviously personal subjectivity here).

I guess I'm just a very family-centric person. I rarely even post in here, but I felt the past two episodes are especially strong just because how heartwarming (and heart-wrenching) they felt at the end. There really aren't that many series these days that show such strong bonding within the family (personally I'm quite jealous of them).