View Single Post
Old 2012-02-05, 23:06   Link #4524
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That game was boring as $hit in the first half and 3rd Qtr and I'm a football purist (7 people in my living room agreed)...Maybe the Saints offense and the spectacular visual enjoyment I've been afforded for half a decade has clouded me, but if 5 yard stick routes by Tom Brady gets you flying on a sheet of Silver Surfer Ice so be it...Enjoy..
Didn't say it clouded you, you can like that all you want, but I just find it boring as hell to watch shootouts, at least nowadays. I like watching simple methods work well and straight forward tough nosed football, not all this flashy BS where half the passes are completed to wide open recievers in zone coverage. All these high octane offensive games are so predictable that these "great" moments or drives seem trivial. You know the D is going to get destroyed and you know you're going to see some terrible zone defense at work adding insult to injury. Wow all these acrobatic catches from recievers thanks to defenders not being able to lay a damn finger on a reciever anymore. This is so fun to watch, when did football become basketball?

Seriously everytime I see a game down to the wire I'm not surprised by these last minute drives nor inspired since half of them boil down to prevent D giving offenses free passes.

Quote:

As for Brady, if he wins he's GOAT, if he loses he falls back to the pack and is a two time loser of the game...Now history will show that the first 3 SBs were more on the D because in clear offensive personnel years he couldn't win it...Hell even in the SBs he won, he never won the game as much as he didn't convert 3rd down so Vineteri had to kick 50 yarders (yeah that was a low blow, but now history can ARGUE this, and whether you like it or not this is what Sports historians do and they do it in lyrical fashion as you've seen)...
Wow you mean its a team game!?

So Tebow can have all the credit for moving a kicker in for a 60 something yard field goal or his RB pulling a 60+ run to put them in FG range, but Brady can't since he didn't kick the FG or do all the work, blasphemy.

Brady put together some nice drives in some big games to set his team up for winning those big games. No misinformation there.

Quote:

And Spygate was real...Go do a hardcore google on it, like some page 5 level $hit, it's there and it's good for them in my eyes...
You know what else was real, the fact that other teams were doing the same thing, heck most sports have been doing sign stealing for ages. Its basically been apart of sports forever (still is heavily done in Baseball).

There are plenty of articles and interviews to read that basically sheds light on how overblown the whole controversy became. There is enough evidence to show they didn't exactly develop a form of espionage that no one else had figured out.

Basically most of the league was doing it or was suspected of doing it and the bigger reason behind the huge problem with Bill was that he continued to do it even after a league sent memorandum telling teams to not do such things was sent out. I honestly just can't put all that much stock into that whole spygate thing acting as if it were the sole reason (or the main reason) they won those super bowls.

In the end I'm just sick of people starting a riot everytime some team gets found out when it comes to sign stealing. This shouldn't be a shock anymore.

P.S. No hard feelings Wing, just the typical back and forth you and me have I suppose.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2012-02-05 at 23:21.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote