View Single Post
Old 2009-07-14, 02:36   Link #115
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Sigh. We're intruding on what the other threads have the liberty of looking at with endless eight. That's why I want to return to novel 10 discussion.

Kyon's groupie homework is an activity that Haruhi didn't come up with, that is true, as is with the goldfish. However, stating this would ignore the fact that Koizumi and Nagato have not contributed with an original idea, yet that's not so crucial to her eyes apparently.

As such, if Haruhi's not so concerned about Koizumi and Nagato giving an idea that would concern only Haruhi and the two members, then one might say that there's not much special about the goldfish catching per se, save that this matter is voiced aloud and registered.

I have statistical support for this as well.

-0.0129% of all loops had no Obon,
-2.82% of all loops would have Obon without Goldfish,

Essentially, this 2.82% indicates that Haruhi would've not done the goldfish under some circumstances, which would either be a change of heart or through Asahina not raising the point of wanting to catch gold fish. Given Haruhi being so headstrong about carrying whatever that goes on her fish and not compromising one bit, it leaves only that Asahina raising her voice and having the activity registered in as the trigger for the goldfish event to occur.

(I really, really don't want to take away from other threads on this subject anymore...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori