View Single Post
Old 2008-11-03, 14:52   Link #4636
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
This is nothing. You should see the Japanese side of ratings. Now that Lelouch was confirmed dead and all the 'theories' were shot down by Okouchi and Taniguchi, the rating has been dipping. People really, really hated Lelouch dying.
It went from "he got the code because of Nunally" with geass*net replying "The event was Nunally's own power." to "maybe he faked his death, that's why Sayako wasn't shown" to the death list not listing Sayako but plainly listing Lelouch as being killed. Think of any possible scenario and just about everyone of them has been addressed in some form or another.
I had always believed that the decision to kill off Lelouch would make a lot of fans very angery. Due in part because the early stories in the first half R2 was a mostly a repeat of the first season Ashford Academy scenes. Second, the last half of R2 was rushed too quickly. So, I can see why everyone is so upset with this. I am sure that the Japanese fans are writing a lot of letters to Sunrise about this. They killed off a money maker for the company because Code Geass isn't the same without Lelouch. And to replace him with another character is doomed to fail. And there are a lot of unresolved issues with R2 overall.

The only real solution is to have a remake of R2 that includes all of the planned early episodes and expand the number of episodes that was given from 25 to 50. At least that's my opinion on this matter.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote