View Single Post
Old 2010-09-09, 10:13   Link #153
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
That's probably my largest gripe, given I dislike the vast majority of OPs, and if the show has something after the ED I'd like to be able to skip the music to get to it, too. Back when I used to sub I always thought karaoke was a huge waste of time since I rarely bother with OP/EDs, and it surprised me how many people do actually like them. Was much rage when I proposed the idea of cutting off the OPs and EDs entirely (back in AVI days).

More ordered chapters would be nice so I could just not get OP/EDs at all now it's more readily possible. But most encoders are too lazy. Encoder delays were the largest source of drama when I was subbing, not TLs, oddly enough.
Too bad that's not a common mistake and only a personal preference. And the encoder I deal with goes out of his way to get them done quickly and produce the best product he can.(I think most do) And since you are getting these fansubs for free shouldn't you at least do the honorable thing and watch the actual OP/ED that the folks(animators) who produced it worked on?(Out of respect - or sheer politeness) And you know, since you have to use the pointer to click on the chapter button, it only takes a second or two longer to advance the progress bar on the player.