View Single Post
Old 2005-12-22, 10:14   Link #39
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Having seen almost all gundam series(except G and saviour) I would place my little ranking as such(I like every series in different ways, although some are clearly on a higher level) and I won't rank OVAs/movies on their own...:

1)The original MSG: It's story, character etc are some of the best, although I'm a sucker for the whole "feeling" of it, and it spawned some great OVAs.

and Victory Gundam, I'm a sucker for tragic deaths but it's action parts, story and characters aint' bad either.

2)Turn A Gundam: While abit slow at times and I don't generally like the "setting" , it's animation, character development and story is top notch tough.

And ZZ gundam, even if it might not make much sense story wise and is obiously "split" between it's humour/serious parts, it just got some great characters and of course one bad ass "last" battle where the great Gundam pilot in a wastly superiour suit aided by newtype ghost powers gets BEATEN by Haman whom is not even using her own suit to it's full potential...

3)Zeta Gundam, it's good but I didn't get any good feel for any characters in it and the last battle was way too hyped on these boards...
Still worth to watch, having some of the most wicked mobile suit designs shared with ZZ.

4)Wing Gundam, it's rather average but get plus points for beeing abit like the original transformers(I'm shot! Again! Ouch, this hurts...stop that!), some nice designs and pilots who are not complete cry babies.

Gundam SEED, my first Gundam show I watched and while having a FEW good parts it's characters are just...silly mostly and the battles are a drag to say the least...
And EA trashing doesn't make it much better...

5)Gundam SEED Destiny, utterly crap, really...it's just below average on all parts, story, characters, designs, combat...

I don't think you can really compare movies to full series, as they often build on series themself and don't make much sense without watching/reading the series first.

I never understood why so many here often says "That series is the best because it was the first I saw", is there some rule that says that it has to be good just because one happened to see it first? My own bitching about SEEDs combat made SRB force me to see some UC shows which got me hooked...
I'm just curious about that "first show" thing...
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote