View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 02:03   Link #136
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Some also mentions that the constant exposure to the NervGear system have made some people in-game feel they're reacting faster, so it could be that the NervGear also has longterm effects to the actual interconnections of the brain.
I think that could be the case, also I mentioned earlier that Kirito should have more of an advantage since he had trained in Kendo. Any martial art training would introduce you to a concept of kiniethis or muscle memory. Kinda a bad term since your muscles don't remember anything, but instead it is stuff you do over and over again so u don't consciously need to think about what you are doing. We do it all the time when we walk, pick stuff up etc. But with any martial arts you practice dodging, blocking, attacking until it becomes subconscious.

So why is this IMHO an advantage to playing SAO? Well if you see the earlier explanation Kirito gives to Klein he preps the move, and the releases when the timing is right.

I think if you are used to this sort of thing, you can spend more of your slower conciousness being aware and letting your faster pocedural memory do the rest.

So people who haven't trained in a martial art would have to get used instinctively firing off a move rather then thinking prep move, aim move, launch move etc etc...