View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 09:47   Link #805
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The mere fact (?) that pointing a gun at the woman already initiates the flight or fight response that causes the Dominator to assess her as a threat worthy of elimination should already emphasize how inherently flawed this Sybil System is.

Considering that, at least from the first episode, we can glean that the system used by the cops to prognosticate potential violent and criminal is itself based on measuring a known psychological profile against current stressors. Even modern psychology would admit that this is, at most, purely predictive and not guaranteed.

It might even be known that the woman he held hostage had, based on her psychological profile, had no known elements that could predict any shift towards criminal behavior. It would seem, in fact, that it was her mentally torturing experience of being raped and threatened by death that completely broke her. What we have at the end was a completely broken shell of a woman who just experienced hell on earth and was predicted to become a "violent criminal" thereof. I would go so far to as to even claim that there was nothing criminal as to what she was about to do. As I has said, she was doing what a broken mind completely controlled by the defensive fight or flight response would do.

And this Sybil makes no distinction for that. That, in what I see so far, is a very critical and dangerous flaw, because no matter what your psychological profile is, it makes EVERYONE a potential threat in the system's eyes.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote