View Single Post
Old 2013-12-31, 14:21   Link #47
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
That's the royal family crest. It's been that way for over a thousand of years. I don't know how come you assume a Spanish crest (associated with ARUS) has to do with Dorssia which has always been German-dominated and, iirc, does not have countries which speak Spanish as native language. The future Prince's golden embroidery in his clothing bears a vague resemblance to Dorssian fashion, on the other hand. Considering ARUS is the one with anti monsters policies while Dorssian citizens attend to a wedding in the new nation, it seems more likely it's a subsidiary of ARUS. Even without taking into account the language in the crest. That say, I think is a Dyson Sphere in Saturn.
I'm guilty of not paying attention to the emblems introduced in this series. Can you please post pics of all the emblems for me please? If not, you can PM them to me.

I'll make a proper post when I see & analyze the emblems.

EDIT:Now that I've seen the emblems, I can ascertain the situation much better. The cow nation may/may not have anything to do with Dorssia, still:

Dorssia:

It can have Dorssian roots or draw influence from Dorssia. It can also be a hybrid nation, there are a lot of possibilities because this isn't some 1 year or 10 year time skip we're talking about. This is 214 years to be exact, many things can happen. For example, how was ARUS/JIOR formed in the first place? There had to be a start to it, right? (I left out Dorssia because it presumably has a 1000 year history backed by the fact that it's a monarchy) ARUS/JIOR deals with democracy, so they are definitely "new" nations composed of countries of the world.

In 200 years, what's stopping Dorssia from having subsidiaries in former ARUS territories? The cow mech's crest may be of ARUS origin, but it doesn't necessarily have to be an ARUS state. It can be a hybrid nation, a "new" nation that was formed after the collapse of ARUS/Dorssia, etc...

The Spanish on the crest does lend highly to it being ARUS, but not necessarily. There can be many reasons for that.

Spoiler for Real life example of 200+ years of change & influence:

About the Prince's attire, it can indeed be inspired by Dorssian/JIORan fashion because L-Elf was indeed most likely the 1st emperor. If his empress was of JIORan descent, then it makes sense to have apparel consisting of both cultures or he did so on his own without any consultation. "What if I combine the clothes of my home nation with the clothes of the nation that sided with me during my defection/rebellion?"

Dorssia itself may not have anything to do with that, L-Elf or any Dorssians that resided in the empire are most likely the sole perpetrator behind that. [Cultural diversity & whatnot]

I'd also like to point out that the cow mech is transformable & is mainly white in colour scheme. Reminiscent of Dorssia.

ARUS:

Still, I also can't ignore that it could be ARUS remnants or a new ARUS.

There is the world map showing that the Spanish speaking world is all under ARUS' rule. This lends highly to that cow mech being from ARUS or a subsidiary of ARUS in the future.

Also, ARUS has almost all of Europe, again, the Europeans (particularly Spain) have history in the field of witch hunts. So this also lends credibility to the cow nation rebelling against an empire led by "monsters".
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Then there is the cow pilot's style of dressing. That looks like something an ARUS soldier would wear since Dorssia goes for a white dress code.

-----------------------------
I'm thinking hybrid nation as the best possible answer. (That pilot has elements of both ARUS & Dorssia)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-12-31 at 20:13.