View Single Post
Old 2008-01-22, 14:24   Link #18778
Melodius Trueheart
Der Erbe zu Altem Belka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Quoting Yuuno: "It's an ancient weapon, even in the warrior age of Ancient Belka it was treated as a Lost Logia. Some say its a relic from the lost world of Al Hazarhed."

In other words, the Cradle predates Ancient Belka, as even they concidered it a Lost Logia. The Belkan themselves found it, repaired and modified it (hence why it is speaking German). This line also clearly shows that Belka and Al Hazarhed are different. Ancient Belka is reffered to as a kingdom, or empire. Al Hazarhed as a single world. Also note that Lindy says that Al Hazarhed is 'a word their famlly would rather not remember' even though Belka exist and is often reffered to by themselves, again pointing to the direction of the difference bewteen the two.
Okay, that makes sense. That line by Jail might have been a bad sub or something like that. The fact that the Ancient Belkans were even able to modify it to that extent is pretty impressive then.

Two questions; how did the Belkan Empire fall? Did it fall in a violent cataclysm "rome is on fiyaaaaaaaahhhhhhh nononono" type thing? Or did it just fade away?

Would I be correct in assuming that Al Hazared has its own type of magic, neither Midchildan or Belkan?

As for my story path, it's seems that the Ancient Belkans were at least somewhat acquainted with Al Hazaredan technology, so I could turn it into "not only are we the descendants of Ancient Belka, but we aspire even to the Al Hazared that is apparently the origin of all magic (as suggested by Yuuno and Lindy in MGLN)." The point is that SIB are the descendants of a fallen civilization that rather than sitting back and going into peace, they elected to try to rebuild their fallen edifices.