View Single Post
Old 2007-09-09, 13:11   Link #441
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Let's try a game anallogy, we'll use C&C 3.

I had built an Ion Cannon withs sufficient defenses to fend off minor assaults. My oponent decided that my Ion Cannon was the biggest threat to his base, as I could target and destroy about 60% of his base, rendering the rest neutrall, and threw everything he had against my Ion Cannon. Now, while he was doing that, I did not sit there and take the punishment. Oh no, I send a nice squad of tanks into his now relatively unprotected base, and trashed it while he was focussing on my Ion Cannon.
The Ground Force HQ was just as good as unprotected.
Spoiler for Episode 22-23:

The numbers don't need to be dealt with immediately. They're not in range to do any damage.

Quote:
My opponent did what you are suggesting now, throwing focuss towards the biggest visible threat. In the end, he lost. Had he send a smaller force, but left more to defend, he could have succeeded in both taking out my Ion Cannon and fending off my assault.

Now replace the Ion Cannon with the Cradle. It's the biggest visible threat, but does that mean we should let all other things be?
Have you read any of my other posts? I don't think that ending all available forces to the Cradle immediately is a good plan. Economy of force goes hand in hand with concentration as one of the most basic tactical principles. Correctly assessing space and time to recognize and exploit favorable situations is another.

However if protecting every single individual civilian life is as important as Proto suggests, then sending all available forces to the Cradle is exactly what he should be advocating as practically all of the civilians that are in immediate danger are in the Midchilda Capital.

Last edited by Mirificus; 2007-09-09 at 13:27.